From Showit Manual
Text is a fundamental building block to your site and is essential for good SEO content used by search engines to find relevant content for search results. Text can be added to your site by clicking the button in the bottom right hand corner. This is how you will add any kind of text or text box onto your site. Once the text object is added, you can double click the box or click the Advanced Properties button in the Layer Menu which will take you to the "Advanced" tab of the Properties panel.
- Style Dropdown Icon: Selecting a style from this drop down allows you to apply an already created style to your text object. These styles are important to use to specify the headings and subheadings of your site to help improve search results. To edit these styles, click on any page inside your style group, click the page option icon, and click the style tab.
- Bold: Makes the entire text object bold.
- Italic: Makes the entire text object italic.
- Underline: Makes the entire text object italic.
- Align: Adjusts the location of the text within the text box.
- HTML: Enables HTML editing within the text object for advanced editing of your text to insert additional HTML tags to specify certain words within the text as italic, bold or linked to a URL. Please check out the subset of HTML Text formatting supported by Flash.
- Text Dropdown: This dropdown is for selecting the font you want to use for the entire text object. (eventually will link to the article on adding your own fonts)
- Color Picker: This color picker is for selecting the color you want to use for the entire text object.
- Size: Adjusts the font size of your text box.
- Background: Enables the background color of the text field.
- Border: Enables a border on the text object.
- Text Field: This is where you change the text that you want to be in the text object.
- Single Line: Forces all of the text to be on a single line. If you select this you will need to resize the text object to make sure all of the text is visible.
- Size to Content: Automatically resizes the text box to fit snugly around the text you have entered.
These are explained in detail on the Contact Forms page.
- Show Scrollbar: Turns the scroll bar on and off.
- Width: Adjusts the width in pixels of the scrollbar.
- Round: Adjusts the level of roundness of the scrollbar.
- Gap: Adjusts the amount of space between the text field and the scroll bar.
- Bar Color: Adjust the color of the actual moveable scrollbar.
- Back: Adjust the color of the scrollbar background.
- Scale: Adjusts the size of the text using scaling without adjusting the font size. This can be useful for making text really large or adjusting the size of some text that is using a style that you don't want to change the font size for.
- Leading: Adjusts the vertical space between the lines inside your text object.
- Spacing: Adjusts the space between each letter inside your text object.
Link Within Text Box
- Double-click to edit the text
- Select the text you want to link
- Click the Link icon in the floating text editor palatte
- Choose your linking options