Export and Upload HTML
From Showit Manual
As a subscribed user of Showit, you can export the HTML of your website and host it on another server. There are two ways to do this, either:
- 1. Click on the "Site" menu and then "Export Site HTML..."
- 2. After you publish your site, click on the "Export Site HTML" button as shown below
- 3. We suggest saving to your desktop. A folder named "site_html" will be created with the HTML files.
Connect to Your Server via FTP
- Need an FTP Program? Check out: Cyberduck
- 4. Next, you will need to FTP the files INSIDE of the "public_html" or "www" folder to your hosting account. (DO NOT UPLOAD THE FOLDER "site_html" TO YOUR SERVER)
- If you are unsure about where to upload on your server please contact your web host.
- 5. You can delete the folder from your desktop.
These HTML files allow flexible hosting setup while still pulling the media from our servers.
When to Export Again
Repeat the steps again to export and upload your HTML (overwrite old files) when: